The Megger MPP2000 Pinpoint Fault Locator pinpoints faults in cable networks using acoustic, electromagnetic and time of flight methods. The Megger MPP2000 Pinpoint Fault Locator replaces the Megger MPP1001. The Megger MPP2000 Pinpoint Fault Locator comes in three optional configurations: receiver only, single or dual probe/detector. The single probe/detector version is easily upgraded at any time by purchasing a second probe/detector. The MPP2000 stand-alone unit measures electromagnetic surge and supplies the amplitude of that surge which aids in finding the fault. The MPP2000 can be used with any manufacturers’ surge generator.
Megger MPP2000 Pinpoint Fault Locator features
- Universal, upgradeable, flexible pinpoint fault location system
- Electromagnetic, acoustic and time delay fault location methods
- Distance and direction to fault via single or dual detection configuration
- Ergonomic, rugged, weather resistant housing
- Ambient noise reduction headphones
- Easy, trouble-free probe connection/detector with a detachable cable system
- Ballistic surge pulse scale provides flashover (thump) magnitude and surge period
- Background interference elimination via selectable filter/acoustic frequency band
Megger MPP2000 Pinpoint Fault Locator kit contents
- Megger MPP2000 Pinpoint Fault Locator, single probe version
- Carry strap
- 1 headphone
- 1 geo-phone
- 1 carry case
- 1 instruction manual
- 8 “AA” batteries
Not exactly what you are looking for? Contact us at with your exact requirements, we’re happy to help.
Megger MPP2000 Pinpoint Fault Locator Datasheet
For additional technical details about the please refer to the product datasheet. Please note that you would need PDF reader to open the file.