Megger SMART THUMP ST16 – Portable Cable Fault Location System
The SMART THUMP ST16 Portable Cable Fault Locating System provides safe, efficient and easy-to-use solutions for identifying, prelocating and pinpointing many types of cable faults for power cables. The system was developed to meet the requirements for typical low- and medium-voltage distribution cable fault location markets.
Circuit parameters include:
- System voltage up to 35 kV
- Insulation EPR or XLPE
- Typical conductor sizes between #2 and 500 MCM (34 mm2 to 250 mm2)
- Typical circuit lengths from a few hundred feet (100 m) up to 3 miles (17,000 ft or 5,000 m)
The ST16 unit incorporates HDW’s “E-Tray” technology. The E-Tray adds the unique capability to access and operate every function through an intuitive user interface, without the need to make adjustments and the software suggesting the next logical step.
Megger SMART THUMP ST16 Features include:
- Delivers 1500 J at 8/16 kV
- 16-kV DC high voltage proof test and insulation resistance test
- Easy Go automatic test sequence to proof test, prelocate and pinpoint
- Interprets test results for user
- 5.7 in. transflective color display
- Safety / grounding check
- USB interface
Not exactly what you are looking for? Contact us at with your exact requirements, we’re happy to help.