The EZiCAT i500xf-Series range has been specifically designed with long distance tracing in mind. The ability to trace low transmitter frequencies provides a greater tracing range as well as the ability to locate camera inspection systems.
The EZiCAT i500xf-Series range makes locating underground utilities including power cables, street lighting, telecoms, conductive pipework and camera inspection systems easier than ever before, increasing your on-site safety and ultimately saving you time and money.
EZiCAT i500xf-Series Benefits
- State of the art digital signal processing technology (DSP).
- Automatic controls – making the EZiCAT easy to use, requiring minimal user experience.
- Mode Lock – locator starts in last mode of operation at maximum sensitivity. For ease of use when used with transmitter.
- Hazard Zone feature indicating shallow buried service in Power, 8 kHz, 33 kHz Auto, 512 Hz, 640 Hz modes.
- Inbuilt test function for testing hardware and software.
- LCD screen with built-in light sensor, automatically enabling the backlight in dark conditions.
- Robust, lightweight design specifically engineered for tough site conditions.
- Service due indicator supporting planned maintenance schedules or quality systems by displaying a spanner icon 12 months after first use.
EZiCAT i500xf-Series Flexibility
The EZiCAT xf locators have multiple modes of operation allowing users to have maximum control at their fingertips.
Automatically locates power, radio and 33 kHz transmitter signals, helping to confirm the presence of services upon initial site occupation making cable detection easier and safer.
- 512 Hz & 640 Hz – Enables long distance tracing.
- 8 kHz – Mid range distance tracing.
- 33 kHz – Standard tracing frequency on avoidance locators, used for everyday site use.
Traces signals originating from distant radio transmitters. These signals penetrate the ground and are reradiated by buried conductive services.
Locates power signals radiated by energized cables which pose the most significant risk to excavation teams.
EZiCAT i500xf-Series Intelligence
Locator starts in last mode of operation at maximum sensitivity, to simplify tracing.
Buried utilities close to the surface pose a safety risk to site works. The Hazard Zone function provides an additional warning of the close proximity of buried services, alerting users to the immediate danger.
Maintains the highest peak reading obtained on the signal strength indicator, allowing the operator to quickly and accurately pinpoint the service.
Signal Strength Indicator (SSI)
Enables the user to trace an individual service amongst a multiple of services. The numeric display shows the highest reading over the service which is connected to the EZiTEX Signal Transmitter. This ensures the user can follow the service without straying onto another. The SSI mode can also be used to trace the Dual Frequency Sonde with ease.
EZiCAT i500xf-Series Model Range Features
|EZiCAT i500xf||EZiCAT i550xf|
All the features of EZiCAT i500xf plus
Current Level Indication
Not exactly what you are looking for? Contact us at with your exact requirements, we’re happy to help.