Powerpoint Engineering Ltd has been supplying Electrical Test Equipment, Electrical Safety Equipment, Electrical Testing Training, Power Cable Accessories & Electrical Services since 1996.
Our Electrical Testing Training Course is a 1 Day course, given by one of our qualified and experienced training instructors. Please bear in mind that this course is will not give you the certification as required by RECI for Test & Verification. The course is held in Portlaoise or on-site depending on your preference and is competitively priced at €150 + VAT per person and the benefits for you from completing this course are many.
The course content will give you a very good understanding of what is involved in the testing and verifying that electrical installations comply to the latest standards in a practical manner.
Our Training Courses have been assessed by the National Standards Authority of Ireland (NSAI), and deemed to comply with the provisions of the standard Quality Management System I.S. EN ISO 9001:2008.
We are a Registered Training Provider as awarded by Engineers Ireland for 2017.
Aim of the course:
- This training course is aimed at electrical contractors and electricians who wish to be proficient in the testing and verifying that electrical installations comply to the latest standards.
- The training course outlines best practice and provides greater understanding of what is involved in the testing, verifying and certifying electrical equipment
Our ‘Electrical Testing’ Training Course syllabus is comprehensive and includes the following:
- Initial verification
- Safety in electrical testing
- Sequence of test
- Pretests precautions
- Pre connection and post connection tests
- Filling in of a ‘Test Record Sheet’
- Periodic Testing
The course covers the full visual inspection of the complete installation and all the tests required to comply with the Wiring Rules both before the supply is connected and when the installation is energised.
Specific Learning Objectives:
On successful completion of the course, you will have a very good understanding and ability to:
- Safety practice in relation to electrical testing
- Visual inspection of electrical installations and identification of faults
- Testing of electrical installations using required test instruments and adopting best practice to verify that the electrical installation is safe
- Inspection and test of domestic circuits, continuity, insulation resistance, polarity, loop impedance and RCD operation
BIOG of our Trainers:
- ESB trained, qualified electrician.
- City & Guilds qualifications including Instrumentation & Controls.
- 25 year’s work experience as a qualified instrument technician with experience in instrumentation, process control and calibration.
The course is held at Portlaoise Enterprise Centre, Clonminam Business Park, Portlaoise, Co. Laois or on-site depending on your preference. Our Portlaoise location is conveniently located just 2 minutes off the M7 Motorway (exit 17). Car parking is free.
This ½ Day course is very competitively priced at €150 + VAT per person and the benefits for you from completing this course are many. The course content will give you a very good understanding of what is involved in the testing and verifying that electrical installations comply to the latest standards in a practical manner. On successful completion, you will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Contact Details / How to Book a Course:
You can book a place on our training course by one of the following options:
- Email Conor to book a course or answer any queries you may have
- Phone our office on 057 8662162 and ask to speak to Conor
Electrical Testing Training Testimonials
“PM Group, an international A&E firm with over 1800 staff in 25 locations worldwide, have utilized the services of Powerpoint Engineering for a period of over 10 years. Powerpoint have at all times provided an excellent service, and we would have no hesitation in recommending them for future projects.””
– Tadgh O’Sullivan, Senior Electrical Engineer, PM Group
“On all occasions, we have found Powerpoint Engineering Ltd staff to be very professional and competent. We would be happy to use their services again.”
– Shane McManus, Safety & Facilities, Irish Rail
Please contact us for further information or to make a booking, we’re happy to help.